Friday, January 18, 2008

Overcoming Pain and Embracing the Power WITHIN


Frida Kahlo, The Broken Spine, 1944, Oil on masonite, 39.8 x 30.5 cm. Museo Dolores Olmedo PatiƱo

Fear is the most paralyzing and harmful instinct we possess. No one can hurt you more than yourself. When you are damaged by the hands of another, you are often left with your head hung low and a heavy heart—alone. Knowledge is the only way to gain the power to heal and the strength to rise again. You must believe in yourself, even if others do not.

I know now that I have been deeply impacted by the carelessness of others and the shady positioning they play in their loyalty, consistency and stamina to stay committed to a decision that involves being unselfish, and/or open to change.
I am hopeful, but I have forgotten. It is time for me to jump, dance alone, focus on the discipline of karma. Now is a time to make my way in my career, in my (future) dreams, in my love of knowledge in (my) history. I will seek a sacred bond with not only another, but a within the appreciation of my own arms.

I get so lonely. It can be so damn scary. Your mind and body impacted by the infliction of pain and suffering. A way can be found though, as the human spirit can battle beyond our righteous level of comprehension. I saw it in my Ba.

I need to be alone now. I must find the strength of survival. To feel for me is to feel alive. With curiosity and disgust, I savour and curse of our ability to be alive. Sweet surrender and torments of withdrawal. However I do know this. I wish to save myself from a bitter and lonely fate, a jaded outlook on life. I wish to be free of my own pain and remember the broken columns of another back.

So many ideally endure abuse from others, while others are brutally neglected and abused by our hands everyday. Look at the world. Express yourself and flow but don't give up. There is to much that NEEDS to be cared for. I will not play your fool.

I must care for myself. There is so much love to give and loose.

I know that I will not expire if I do not find my one, but I wish my dreams to come true one day. I have always seen her as my alter to worship, my salvation to help heal the pain that reckless lovers past have left me with. Someone to hold my hand and reunite with our bonded energy from countless lifetimes past and present. She will know it is me and find me again and again.

I can feel hurt that blinds me of sight at my faith in love. This conflicts with my religion. I must grow a thicker shell as the water washes over me. With the pride of a lion and the sensitivity of a crab.
Run deep within yourself and others will appreciate you. Don't show fear, only confidence in yourself. Love yourself and only then can you love others.

She wishes to heal, she deserves it.

No comments: