Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Have a Dream

Walk forward, never walk backwards. Temptation lingers in clouds of darkness behind us, the light of seeing your dreams come to light and someone truly realizing your worth resides in clear skies ahead. Our beauty as women lays in our ability to be such complex emotional creatures, full of the power to nourish, comfort, be resilient and learn to succeed at anything we put our minds to.

Dreams are so hard to see through and it seems not many have the desire to be responsible for another’s happiness. Time is of the essence, but what happens when time runs out and you are left in the shadow of the dreams you let past? I am not a victim; I am the master of my own beautiful destiny. I will not bow my head to the disgrace of another's misfortunes and another's short-comings. I am not a robot, I am a human.

Dream, love and be free to love. Love is all that matters. Do not feel illusion to believe that money is a means of controlling the value of happiness within your soul. I saw my parents struggle all my life with money, but we managed to survive together, no matter how fucked up we were. We all need to survive, but for me to die rich in love is far more important then to die in wealth.

Do not expect others to be as you are, but always remember that you deserve compassion and respect. Drown yourself in work, it is good to keep yourself busy and have an output of productivity outside your personal life. It is good to lay down in bed at the end of the day, exhausted. It reminds you that you have worked hard to get to where you are going.

Always remember to spend uninterrupted time with the ones you hold special. Take a breath from the stresses of the hustle and free yourself to good times. Happiness lies in your hands, so don’t hand it to others to control. People will never forget how you made them feel. Hold on to your love.

No comments: