Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I HEART YOU MG!!!


I was completely obsessed with Project Runway Canada, Cycle One. I watched it like Mary did Jesus. Religion people, religion.

My favourite was always MG...she is a visionary that creates unique pieces for individuals with confidence and a slanted concept of style: non-mainstream, bold in style and not afraid to stand out of a crowd! I was a little disappointed with her final collection, as I do not think that she investigated enough variety for a line at L'Oreal Fashion Week. Too safe for her creativity and talent. However, I don't think that many people would be bold enough to wear her pieces in Canada, she is better suited for a European woman.


Trust me, I have been to Fashion Week a few time and Canadians are not exactly international trailblazers in the fashion realm. BORING.

But at the same point, the three finalist, MG, Biddell and Lucian, all memorized me with their collections.

Lucian is a craftsmen whose handwork is beyond meticulous. However he lack the originality of Biddell and MG. He is very high fashion, but not very different then what we see splashed across many top designer collections today. Lucian created pieces for my 16th Century, courtesan identity. I can appreciate his work, but I do understand why he did not win.

Biddell, oh man! My Leo brother (my rising sign people!). He did a great job and his jackets are beautiful and sassy-eo! His best pieces. I think that he works well with the slightly "edgy" Canadian idea of style. Not too dramatic, but just enough to stand out. Clean lines, lovely colour palette and defiantly made from his own personalize style. His fat boy story made me like him a little more and now I understand why he acts like such a bitchy gay man. PROJECTION!

Evan Biddell is very talented in what he does, but I am not sure he has the maturity to make it so young. I suppose we will have to see! Look out for his line that will be hitting a Winners near you!


So too another cycle of FUN FUN FUN. Look out for it in January 08!

J'taime!

No comments: