Saturday, March 3, 2007

Just a Quickie...

I just wanted to share with the world, that if I hear "Promiscuous Girl," by Nelly Furtado one more time at a club, I will slap down the closest hoe to me. WHY?? This over-exposure of Timberland is starting to get to me, like the rain did to Missy.

I love Timbo, but come on--the Pussycat Dolls collaboration? Why the hell does someone with legitimate talent want to work with those useless barbie dolls? DON'T CHA! We are all well aware, that they are uselss singers. Why is Nicole the only one that sing?? SHE IS THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS!

I must say, being a pop whore and all, I think that pop music is at its worst; in the present day.
It seems that music has dimissed into a form that imitates the oldies and goodies, in a very un-intelligent and un-inspiring manner. I am aware that pop, for example, is based on melding and borrowing from various genres and sounds. (Hence, so often , pop is critisized for un-originalty.) But I still appreciate good pop...yes I said GOOD POP! Sadly, it seems that 80% of pop-female artist, in the past year, have come out with albums that sound just like Gwen Stefani! Yes Fergie, I am talking about you! YOU WISH!

God help us all. What happened to the pop icons that I love so dearly? I feel broken....broken.

TG

2 comments:

KarmaCake said...

Here's the crazy thing:

Good pop is going back underground. Like back in the day when R&B was establishing it's roots with Big Mama Thornton versus Tin Pan Alley.

My favorites right now are Spank Rock (Backyard Betty & Bump), Lily Allen (Oh My God - Kaiser Chiefs Colab), Mickey Avalon (Self Titled Debut Album), Gym Class Heroes, Feist and Peaches.

You can hear it on my playlist.

Ironically enough, Canada has a great pop music culture emerging as a backlash to the "Popstar" turn "Canadian Idol" phenom.

Pop Alternative...

So don't fret, there will be a shift. It's in the air.

Anonymous said...

I can't hate on Tim because he's my best friend.
The man is just trying to get paid.

Lets see how GREAT and POPULAR the Pussycats are after the lead singer girl leaves. Why don't they just stop pretending that they can all sing and just do what they do DANCE and try to be sexy.

Fergie is ugly.
She has a nice skin and bone girl body IF you like that. I think she should join the Pussycat dolls.


p.s. When i saw the title of this post i thought it would involve a kinkier topic :P