Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Red/White Wine, Wine, Wine...Ya Make me Feel so FINE!

Shocks kids! ThunderpussGeisha is 26! What a fun couple of days I have had with my lady lover (yes, we worked through the storm -- thank god). Lets just say, that wine has played an instrumental and key component to my happiness to celebrate my berfday!

On Saturday, me and Miss Melissa attended a Hindu wedding of one of my close friends from high school. The wedding itself was amazing, beautiful and touching. The bride looked lovely in a red sari, with henna beautifully outlining her hands. This wedding reminded me of the reasons that I am proud to be a raised Hindu (though I am not necessary comfortable with my faith being boxed to one religion).

Unlike the traditions of a Christian wedding, this wedding was about the union of two souls in love and faith. There was little talk about God as the only means to reach perfection, and more focus on the inspiration that the couple can bring to one-another. To encourage growth, commitment, happiness, un-selfishness and personal growth through the deepest consistency. Real love. In fact, the wedding ceremony was a 5000 + tradition, in which the priest with humour, sincerity and understanding guided this commitment into a binding of souls. He even mentioned that in Hindu tradition, there is no document that needs to be signed to signify a marriage. But unfortunately, in North America, only through a marriage licence, this bond is sanctified.

Despite the fact that Miss Melissa and I were a little nervous about being lesbian-lovers, and her being my white lady lover in front of all these humble Hindu's, we showed up looking sassy and madly in love. It was written all over our faces and our bodies.

Enter yummy Indian lunch buffet. Vegetarian and full of all the "mystery green" items I saw my mom make as a child, and continue to see her prepare.

After a nap time after the wedding and some hot boxing of the bathroom, fun counter sex and a few glasses of wine, we were ready to eat some yummies and dance the night away. Pour me a glass of wine. Enter for us, outfits #2. Indian weddings don't lie when it comes to Bollywood outfit battles! It is serious, real serious.

What is with weddings and really bad music? YOWZERS! Enter Melissa aka: the groovy-sexy-as-hell dancer and her side-kick, P-adonna. Shoot...we ripped it up kids! More wine. Open bar-more wine. People were noticing. Wine was our fuel.

The experience was so fun! We had people smile at us together, walk up to us and say "good for you," and generally just accept us. Not one moment of awkwardness. Where is my wine?

So to good times, great times, cherished and connected moments with the woman I love deeply, pot, dancing, socializing, pillow chats, cuddling, sweet kisses, spooning, making love in a king size bed (cha-bang!) and wine.

Happy Birthday to ME!

No comments: