Monday, February 18, 2013

Truth be Told

I realize it would be so much easier to hide under the dark cloak of illusion. Some days I wonder why it is that I care to be so honest with myself, when very few even take time to check themselves. Then I realize it is in truth I can learn to love and respect myself - not in the shadows of external intentions. Either way my heart needed to break so that I could meet myself and be born again; build on the instincts I still needed to develop in myself. My love was on the line, and no words never came through to show me the love promised to me was here to stay. Now here I am floating away from the fairy tale that was torn apart, the misery that seemed permanent disgrace - I knew there would come a time when I would realize that she let me down and wandered away like a naive fawn finding her way. It is comforting to know that I have remembered where it is from that I came, from the source that transcends any emotional prayer. Living in a fantasy without meaning is so passe. I won't turn my back away from the truth, may the truth always find its way.

No comments: