Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pride

I am proud that when I fall, I can always stand back up in due time.
I am proud that I have a friend who loves me unconditionally and really sees the value of who I am.
I am proud that I am smiling even though I have died many times in this lifetime.
I am proud that my cat purrs with love when I rub her all over her grey fur.
I am proud that I am a woman that never gives up trying to better herself and appreciates the experience of the bitter and the sweet.
I am proud to have a brother and sister that can get on my nerves, but are by my side when I need them the most.
I am proud to be my mother's child.
I am proud that I am honest with integrity and kind with consistency equally.
I am proud that I have never lied to you, though I may have lied to myself.
I am proud that I have a new set of glasses and a restored outlook on my life.
I am proud that though I have been taunted by your fibs, I have never stopped knowing the strategy of your foolish games, or respecting the deep love I once held for only you.
I am proud that I have have so much colour that surrounds my heart, even on the cloudiest of days.
I am proud that I have fallen apart.
I am proud that I will never forget your strength and will for survival.
I am proud that I will be better tomorrow then I am today.
I am proud that one day you shall remember that I am the one who opened your eyes to the possibilities of life's journey.
I am proud to have a niece that reminds me of the simplicity of beauty and love.
I am proud to have fixated, learned and obsessed about the people, events and arts that inspire me.
I am proud to have music as the soundtrack of the crescendos in my life.
I am proud that one day I shall be gone and someone will remember the way I made him/her feel.
I am proud that I have grown to see that there is a light beyond the immediate darkness.
I am proud to know that I have laughed so hard that I have welled up tears in my eyes and felt pure joy in the pit of my stomach.
I am proud that I saw your beautiful smile.
I am proud because I mourned your loss as if you were connected to my own body and heart.
I am proud that I have inspired you with my words and devotion, even if we can't be friends anymore.
I am proud to say things that make you uncomfortable, but force you to think.
I am proud that I always say thank you.
I am proud that I would rather die before not knowing the embrace of a gentle love.
I am proud to be me. Unconditionally.

No comments: