Thursday, May 22, 2008

Look Into My Eyes...



I have never been afraid to look someone in the eyes.
In fact I think that it is a sign of intelligence and respect when you peer into someone’s eyes when they converse with you. They say that the eyes are the window to the soul; I agree totally. I think that the eyes are capable of revealing more than you perhaps wanted to share. Emotions, judgments, innocence, nuances, knowledge and core energy of what it is that inhibits you and pushes you.

I have always been fascinated by the variations that I find in the ability for humans to interact with one-another--it's in your eyes. Some are coy and aggressive and look at you in your eyes as to say, “I am listening and what is it that you have to say?” Some are passive and timid and look to the side, or can not hold long eye contact. They look slightly intrigued and perhaps tantalized by your presence and the formulation of your thoughts. Then there are those who can not look at you in the eyes at all. These are the insincere, self-absorbed and hubristic. They feel as though they know everything and have no desire to learn anything more than what is familiar.

I always look at someone when spoken to. Though I may not necessarily be fascinated by what it is that someone has to say, I will at least listen to what it is that you have to tell me. In your eyes.

No comments: