Thursday, February 7, 2008

Time(-less)


I look at the clock. It is 6:21am. I can’t sleep because I wake up thinking of you lying/laying beside me. Your smile, you watching me. Your warmth. I feel so cold, I shiver. I pull the sheets to my face and try to stop the quivering of my bones. She did not call me back or for me. I can’t hear you.

I long to hear her voice. She doesn’t see the sincerity of my tears, or even want to try before she sends me away. Time is up.

I am so lonely, so scared. All I can feel is how much I was filled with my love for her. Now I keep myself busy, praying that with time my love will heal.

I fight the temptation of the time past, but I mourn the reality that with age comes loneliness. So many friends we loose along the way, how many lovers will still go astray. Time. I can’t sleep, for I wake up thinking what else will be gone tomorrow.

No comments: