Saturday, May 10, 2008

Karma Kaleidoscope

I have seen the beauty more than once that I seek.
I have walked hand in hand with my lover and felt the warmth of a reckless embrace.
I have written her love poems, I have poured the steam of my hearts desires. Exploded with devotion towards my sweet surrender to her and her alone.
Now that I'm gone you realize I'm the best thing that happened to you.

I have comforted a friend when she was sad. Held her close and allowed her to feel dejected, forsaken and temporarily mad.
I have wiped the tears from a child's eye and tried my best to explain the mysteries of answering "why?"
I have listened to hear what it is that you have to say, though at times I don't agree with the positioning that you play.
Now that I'm gone you realize that I'm the best thing that happened to you.

I have fallen in love, felt butterflies flutter in my stomach, lost my head in the clouds up above.
I have cried in such agonizing pain from the thought of loosing something I love, been haunted by memories, believed that I would never be the same. I have suffocated my faith in love, unaware of the violation of you using me to gain perspective on what it is that you lack.
Don't take if you can't give it back.
Now that I'm gone you realize that I'm the best thing that happened to you.

I can't predict what the future brings, nor can I understand the lessons that I am meant to learn until I fall down and hit the floor.
SO I cry and cry, wipe my tears and come back for more.

Distances apart, I will forever remain in your heart.

No comments: