Monday, February 11, 2008

al dottore


SCENE 1

“It hurts il dottore, please make it stop!!”

“Inflammation of the heart, Signora. Defiantly not a-cute disease,” spoke the wise doctor. “This seems to be a re-occurring condition with you. You should defiantly think about taking it easy and allowing yourself time to heal.”

“Il dottore, I don’t understand. I put on the ointment you had recommended after my last treatment. I rubbed it in deeply in a circular motion like you had told me to do. But it seems that it has further troubled my ability to breathe clearly and thus, think clearly.”

“Signora, did you allow yourself the time to relax and heal since your last intense treatment? I had mentioned that if you did not allow yourself the proper time to heal in between your treatments, you would experience twice the heart burn and your heart would swell to an abnormally and un-healthy size. We are not talking about a small issue here. Without your health you can not feel the things you need to feel, especially in that heart of yours.”

“Why il dottore! I just want to breath as clearly as when I was young. To have my heart beat with the same confidence and size in rhythm as any other good heart that is at work. But I am ashamed. Who can ever need a girl who has such a deformed and tumultuous condition of heart? I did place the ointment on, I swear. But I did not rest. I have a hard time turning off my mind and body.”

“Signora, go home and read a book, watch a movie. Enjoy a fine dinner with a friend, but you must stay still now. Or I fear the worse.”

“The worst you say il dottore?”

“Yes. A complete systems failure. If your heart swells anymore and you do not allow rest, I am afraid it will combust and the inflammation will mutate into an early ending. In order to survive, there must not be any more damage done to your heart right now. You are already experiencing a hard time just allowing yourself to receive oxygen to breath”

“Ending….?”

“You will die young Signora.”

“You are a fool! An incapable fool! Don’t make such a mess of something that is nothing. So it hurts, I will survive. I am sorry about complaining. It is really not that bad.”

“Signora the change must be now, or you will die.”

“I must go. Have a nice day, il dottore.”

"Signora, you must learn to take care of yourself."

"Yes. Goodbye."

END SCENE

No comments: