Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Body is a Wonderland???!!!!!


...ok here we go! Just for old times sake. Ready for the rides, the bad hair, the women that you judge from a distance because they wear stiletto heals? The amount of baby cruising that goes on between you and cute lazy asses being pushed around in strollers!?

I want one! No, not a baby. A stroller. I am not always THAT maternal.

So I, along with my Asian sistah, half-breeds at side, avec les filles maman...hit the park formerly known as Paramount Canada's Wonderland! Yes, Paramount has once again removed its affiliation with the City of Maple.

We walked in early and ready to take on the magic of Astra Zeneca day at the park!! YAY! Free rides, free food, free fun! Thanks M.A.!

9:30am...no sleep and one coffee down. A power nap it the car with the Ipod on. Huuunnnnay, what a way to begin the day! It has been too long since I have taken on such an ambitious attempt to have my body thrown by the ferocious velocity, of a punish'd roller coaster!

Me and the Asian sistahs have done this in our youth. No problem. Man vs. machine.


After 14 rides, there became a problem.
My old ass body. Shit hurts, that never use to hurt when I was young and not so damaged (The double entendre is intended!). But in the spirit of Thunder Mountain, we held our slightly ailing backs with the palm of our hands, gently massaged in circular motions and moved on. Soldiers don't give up in conquest! We had to show that we could still do this in excess and with youthful grace. Right.

This trip reminded me of when I was young and I would go on Mindbuster and almost get slapped unconcious, by the backlash of my own breasts. The sadistic rush of feeling like you may just fall out of a ride and die! Feeling your stomach in your throat, your knickers in a fancy knot.

Do you remember when the lap bar wasn't clicked tight enough? I do. Do you remember being stuck on the incline of an ascent for 45 minutes. I do. Do you remember seeing masses of irritating people around you when you were tired and sun-buzzed out. I DO.

The moral of the story is such. For those who enjoy some adrenaline rushing, there is still lots of fun and good times to be had! If you have the patience for the line ups, and non-willingly hearing lots of terrible conversation around you, you should definalty go! But don't expect that you will not feel it, like in the resilience of your body in the younger days. Oh you well feel dizzy, dis-oriented and just straight out bruk-up!

Oh and don't forget about the funnel cake....yum, funnel cake.

You have a couple weeks to get your act together, before the season is over. So if you so desire, get ready to ride! I recommend attending, "Halloween Haunt" (formerly "Fearfest") activities. Check it out the week before Halloween, as it gets really busy. A few of the rides are still open during this scaaaary special event. Gather a group of your peeps and prepare for some yummy scares!

http://fearfest.canadaswonderland.com

Here's to a trip down memory lane and a reminder of the innocence of youthful corruption. Sorry park security. Cheers today for having Advil and the gym available to soothe my broken shell (0;

Hollaback and tell me about your favourite Wonderland memory. Note: Kingswood Music Theatre can be included!

No comments: