Monday, September 15, 2008

Spiders on My Wall



I've always been afraid of spiders.
I know they are god's creatures, as well as their insect relatives - but frankly the whole lot scare me.

I know its rude, we all have insides. With the ripe wine of my age I have learned to appreciate them as living beings. Though I will still admit that I don't like them per say. My rules are pretty straight forward. Don't come in my room if I did not invite you there.

I know I am a hypocrite because I walk in their world all the time. Perhaps I really do need a protective bug cover if I was to venture into the rain forest of wandering affinities.

I ask you to leave your judgments of me outside. I am just saying the truth of the matter. I feel afraid of the formed shadows of 8-legged intentions coming right at you - especially when you did not know they were their in the first place. Being vulnerable to their shock.

Usually the spiders run from you when they feel your gaze on them. The spiders see you looking at them, you shiver a bit in uncomfortableness. You know that they are there.

How do you chase the spiders away, I still don't have an answer for. I am still not fully settled with even the spiders that lay still.

Though now, sometimes I just leave them there.
Post a Comment