Monday, September 15, 2008

Spiders on My Wall



I've always been afraid of spiders.
I know they are god's creatures, as well as their insect relatives - but frankly the whole lot scare me.

I know its rude, we all have insides. With the ripe wine of my age I have learned to appreciate them as living beings. Though I will still admit that I don't like them per say. My rules are pretty straight forward. Don't come in my room if I did not invite you there.

I know I am a hypocrite because I walk in their world all the time. Perhaps I really do need a protective bug cover if I was to venture into the rain forest of wandering affinities.

I ask you to leave your judgments of me outside. I am just saying the truth of the matter. I feel afraid of the formed shadows of 8-legged intentions coming right at you - especially when you did not know they were their in the first place. Being vulnerable to their shock.

Usually the spiders run from you when they feel your gaze on them. The spiders see you looking at them, you shiver a bit in uncomfortableness. You know that they are there.

How do you chase the spiders away, I still don't have an answer for. I am still not fully settled with even the spiders that lay still.

Though now, sometimes I just leave them there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

spiders are number two on my list of most terrfying things, honestly they make me wanna puke. if theres one in my room i can't sleep until i kill it by launching a copy of USweekly at it from across the room.

i have a feeling this nore was more metaphorical and i just took it at surface values.
-Michelle B

Anonymous said...

note: Michelle! ewwww @ US weekly :P (just teasing)

Parul, not sure what the metaphor is, but this is how i try to view the things that creep me out when they crawl. We're all one and the same, try not to kill them, just trap them in or on something and put them outside somewhere safe. You will feel alot better, that you didn't kill on the smallest of levels. A life is a life. Take the teachings from the Lion King...the circle of life..cheesey i know, but it's true. Imagine being that spiders' family, and one day it does not return home...now imagine being the spiders' family that you let out, and they tell the tale of the gentle giant who let them return, and they pass it on to other spiders...and ummmm, heh i'll stop there. you get where i'm going with this.
-Hannah A

PROVOKEMEinc said...

I have encountered many types of spiders...small ones and life size ones. It is for you to decide what you want to take from this piece. (0;

Anonymous said...

OMG they are so DANGEROUS.

On Friday night i wen to sleep and there was a spider on the ceiling in the corner of my bedroom.
After consulting my dad on the situation i decided to let it be and let it live.

HUGE mistake.

The next morning i woke with a sore throat and the spider was GONE. AND AND AND it hasn't been back since.
It poisoned me and made me sick. My sickness got worse and i was bedridden ALLLLLLLLLL weekend.

But i'm not a hypocrite. If i was a spider i'd understand when a human squishes me. I'd know it's because they don't want me to do bad things and that they sensed me thinking bad thoughts.

.T.

p.s. OR i was so drunk that i climbed on top of my dresser and ate the spider then got sick either way SPIDER = BAD therefore i must SQUISH. End Proof.

Anonymous said...

Wow...what hapened to all the other little creatures that come into our lives uninvited..e.i ROACHES or Beetles and don't forget Flies..this are all innocent little pest that we just feel the need to get rid of b/c they either gross us out or scare us.. One thing I say out of all of them Spiders do protect us from all those others little pesky things..LOL!!! with their beautiful creation of webbs, just watch CHARLOTTES WEBB!!!!ANYWAYS to end this little note I just suggest a piece of paper and just grab it and trow it out trust me they wont bite most likely just runaway until somone else finds them..
Jen B

Anonymous said...

True say jen, spiders do eat flies. Hehe you know yesterday i was sitting outside and i saw this spider, my first reaction was to smoosh it with my water bottle, but then this note came to mind and i just let it be, it was outside after all, not bothering anyone :)
Hannah A