Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Patience My Child...

In some ways I have never been equipped with the virtue of patience. I am willing to wait for things to come to me, but once they are accessible to me, I tend to want all of them. My behaviour reveals to me that I can put the sunshine in my pocket and request of her, with such conviction, to caress me with her radiant beams. Feel the warm touch of her light within me.

Is it bad to want everything from someone? The past couple of months of my life have forced me to assess where it is that I stand, where it is I want to stand and who it is that deserves to stand beside me.

Life is a rollercoaster full of highs and lows, thrills and sensations. The trick in the game of survival is finding someone who creates a track that winds in the same manner as your desires. Someone who has an equal velocity of speed and is willing to discover whether your destination will lead you to be at each others sides. Through all hardships and growing pains.

It is easy to love someone, if you allow yourself the room to let go of the past. We are all haunted by our memories, but we must cherish that we are alive. I realize how many times I have died. From ashes of broken hearts and dreams past we must rise again. With faith in true love. If you believe in it, you must keep believing.

Respect that which was and that which will never be. I have found that in the darkest and coldest of places, there is always a way to find your way out. Keep hope in the many faces of love, for at the end of the day it is the only extension of us beyond our own selfish existences.

The ones who love you unconditionally, will always allow you to be at your best without causing damage on the effort and energy you create to feel this way. People come into our lives to teach us about ourselves, our true self-worth and aspirations. When we are treated ill, it tends to drain our survival instinct, suck out the core of our spirits. Sometimes you are forced to love someone from afar.

Patience, good will come to those who inspire happiness in others.

No comments: