Wednesday, June 27, 2007

That's What Friends are For

I just wanted to take a moment out of my day to talk about something that I value with the utmost honesty. Friendship.

These last couple days have not been easy on me. Anyone who reads the blog, or that has come in contact with me knows that I am hurting. But the one thing that I have realized, is the way that I really cherish the friends I have in my life. To them I say, thank you. Thank you for knowing me and my sensitivity. For having faith in me as a person who deserves and welcomes love into her life.

I had once written in a blog entry: Love does not disappoint, people do.

This is what I need to understand right now and my friends have reminded me of my self-worth, at a time where I feel volatile and sad. I urge all of you to take a moment out of your day to tell your friends that you appreciate them, as much as they appreciate you.

To all the folks that have had have me lean against them and will continue to support me, I love you all. You are my saving grace in reminding me to keep my head up and keep the faith.

Friends are rare and beautiful privileges. True friends feel your pain, before you say nothing at all.

When it comes to love, they remind me (although I already know) that if you set someone free, with no regret in your heart and only love for them in your mind, soul and body. If it is meant to be, he/she will realize the value of you in all aspects--and need you in his/her life. When it comes to life they remind me that I need to believe in myself and not waste time hesitating. In life they teach me that I am only here to be kind, not to hurt anyone.

They remind me, when I have lost grip of myself.

Thank you.

"Have no friends not equal to yourself."
- Confucious (551 - 497 BC) Chinese philosopher.

"It is not so much our friends' help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us."
- Epicurus (341 - 270 BC) Greek philosopher.

"Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship."
- Cicero

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller

No comments: