Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Do We Need to Get "Retarded?"

Hop little bunny, hop hop hop!
Maybe I am just vexed because I got no chocolates this Easter, but it got me thinking. We, as a specie are jacked-up mo fo's. The sublimation of symbolism, on the holidays we celebrate in North America [mostly related to the Christian calender...WORLD DOMINATION!], are clear examples of the most twisted fantasies, we have illusioned ourselves into following.

Par example, Jesus walks and we somehow have the result of being delivered chocolate eggs, by an obese bunny? Does anyone else ring confusion? As a child, I am not really sure if the Easter Bunny captured my imagination. Actually, I thought it quite frighting...I saw red eyes and tilted ears. But being the fat, greedy child I was, I knew that THAT FOOL was gonna bring me sweeeeeeeets!! Blop Blop!! I, being raised Hindu, was really thinking about Jesus -- YOU WISH!!
FYI: I prefer milk chocolate!

What was the message again? Jesus raised himself from the dead and I got me some chocolate!

Flash forward to Christmas. Again, Jesu was born in the humble bosom of his mama, then tucked away in a manger...only to be brutally betrayed and then murdered on a cross! We get presents!! Message: Jesus was born and needed to get popped, so that we can mask the terror of what happened to him in thanks and indulge in materialism! Anyone want some egg nog??

I understand that Christmas is great for the reason that, you get to gather with the famiglia and drink red wine to drain out their stories about "back in the days." But somehow, I can't help but think we miss the point. General knowledge would have it that this symbolic icon did not go out without some gruesome torturing. Should we be happy knowing that little baby is going to grow up and get beats? Maybe instead of a Happy Holidays, all families should inflict flagellation on one-another. The body of Christ is now yours! BYOW (bring your own whip). REPENT! SAY SORRY!!

This does not even take into consideration all the alienation Christian Holidays administers on people that fall out of the Christian belief system. My family always celebrates Christmas, but as a time of togetherness. We appreciate and respect others beliefs, but do they respect ours? Where are your Diwali candles? No, Diwali is not a special, scented candle.

Thanks to globalization and colonization, Christian belief and doctrine is only worthy of a holiday celebration . Do you ever believe we will live in a world where minority religions are given the same respect as Christiandom? I think not. The views of the stupid majority, diminishes the views of the intelligent minority.

That's my beef (Hindu joke!).

1 comment:

KarmaCake said...

I once got a toothbrush for Easter from a then boyfriend.

How insulting is that?