Friday, October 3, 2014

Olivia Chow is Toronto's ONLY CHOICE for Mayor


I am really getting very aggravated of all the personal attacks Olivia Chow is taking due to her ethno-cultural background and immigration to Canada (implying she is less Canadian). Toronto, smarten up. We are a city made of eclectic cultural fibers, we are a city of diversity and refuge for those who seek a better life. My parents were expelled from Uganda by Idi Amin and came to Canada for a new beginning. Toronto needs a new beginning with a Mayor who understands our struggles and identities and is willing to be a voice for all people. I am fed-up of Toronto politics being dominated by homophobic, greedy, privileged white men who may know how to speak politics and policy, but know NOTHING about what matters to the broader public. Her campaign may not be perfect, but I am willing to support a change that empowers a brighter and more sustainable city for all of us, not some of us.

2 comments:

MyWayToTurth said...

beautifully said:"... am fed-up of Toronto politics being dominated by homophobic, greedy, privileged white men who may know how to speak politics and policy, but know NOTHING about what matters to the broader public...".

it's time for somebody who understands struggles, who understands what it is to be different and not just in Toronto, in Canada ...We need change...

PROVOKEMEinc said...

Thank you for your good vibes and I agree, change is necessary to evolve society and adjust to the reality of the present. I love your blog - you have a new reader in me! I hope I can find you on HOP again (o: