Friday, July 6, 2012

Confession Booth


I confess...

Sometimes I am a brat. Sometimes I am mean. In those moments of temporary evil, you challenge me through your worthy confrontation to take a look in the mirror and see if I like what I see. I have never had someone take on me like you – and though it may be hard for me to see the parts of me I am not proud of, I am glad that you have gained the confidence to shatter them from me and force me to acknowledge my imperfections.

I am aware of your keen patience and that you stay will me through my ugly moments. I can’t explain it, I don’t want to excuse it, but sometime all my pent up frustrations, disappointments and exhaustion boils over – and it seems that I place it on you because you are the closest to me. I know it is not fair, I know it is not right. So with humility I ask for you to forgive me when I turn this way – and I promise that I will make a dedicated effort to better myself because you mean the world to me, and I want to be good to you always. You deserve everything and I want to grow away from my bad habits. I want to show you that I, like you, can rise to be better.


No comments: