Sunday, September 28, 2014

Farewell Hurricaine Hazel

Farewell to Mississauga's iron lady. Thanks for making Mississauga a safe, diverse, environmentally conscious and fun city to grow up in. You could teach Toronto mayors a few things! Wesst siddddde!!!!



A Message from the Mayor:
Dear Friends,
2014 will mark a special milestone for me for after 36 years as Mayor of the City of Mississauga, I will be retiring from political life.
As I reflect on the last 36 years, the memories, accolades and defining moments are too numerable to count but one thing stands out and which has always meant the most to me - the people.
I have had the unique opportunity to meet people of every age, ethnic background and view point. Some have charmed me, some have inspired me and some have challenged me but I shall forever be grateful for the encounters. The friendship, advice and wisdom of all those who have crossed my path are a blessing and I am a better person for the experience.
Public service is one of the most noble pursuits we can undertake as citizens and every man, woman and child has the ability to serve their community in some way. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
Leaving a legacy is far more important than leaving an inheritance in my view for a legacy is something left behind to inspire those that come after us and for others to learn from. I hope that those that follow me will be inspired to be great leaders and always put Mississauga first.
I want to express my sincere and heartfelt appreciation to the citizens of Mississauga for the support and kindness you have shown to me for the last 36 years and it has been a great honour and privilege to have served as your Mayor. I hope that the future will be filled with good health, happiness and an abundance of blessings for you all.
Sincerely,

HAZEL McCALLION, C.M., LL.D.
MAYOR

No comments: