Monday, November 21, 2011

Rome Wasn't Built in 100 Days

Push me, through the door. Tell me to be someone and then encourage me to do it. Make me big. Instead of judging my weight, why don't you look at yourself in the mirror. Distorted images all over - inside and out. Do you see what I see?

See the world through my eyes. There would be a frame around each picture. Glasses being peered through with a set of eyes. The frames resting on nose. Push me to be both hard and soft on myself, but don't hide me from the world. Reject boxes.

I am nothing really special, but I am here so as I am, I thought I would try to express myself. Give me the voice to speak truth. Remind me of the truth. When I forget, don't forget to forgive me, as I am only human.

Today I realized that I am special. I remembered that you taught me never to forget how special I am. Push me to keep pushing.









No comments: